Monday, April 17, 2017

Introduction

         My name is Krystal Victor and I am a senior secondary education major with a focus in English at Northern Kentucky University. In my time as a student at NKU, I have explored many different content areas and studied a wide variety of topics. Now that I am finishing up my academic career at NKU, I have had time to reflect on my previous courses and looking back, I discovered something that truly intrigued me. I conducted research on the phrase: #BlackLivesMatter for a Linguistics course, and from that research I become amazed at what I had learned. Many people, including myself in the past, believe that social media is just something that we can use for fun or to stay in contact with our friends and family, but I have discovered that power that social media really has. For some, social media can just be that means of communication, but when used in certain ways, social media can become a powerful tool. I wanted to take some time to really study social media, when it was born, how it has grown, and what it can do. This blog will discuss a variety of topics within the realm of social media. I hope that you can take something away from this by the time I am finished! Thanks for reading! 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment